Sadly I have to report that there has been very little if any progress on our house the last two weeks. We were under the belief that we would be closing on our house sometime between Sept 10 and Sept 15. However there is still no electricity, no water meter, no plumbing fixtures, no flooring, and only one coat of paint on the walls...etc etc. Basically we have been told that not much is going to happen until we get some electricity. Installation of hardwood flooring is being delayed because there is no power in the house to run dehumidifiers to dry out the sub floors. No plumbers until the flooring is done..etc etc.
The worst part is our interest rate lock expires on Sept 15...our loan processor has already told that the rates have risen since we locked in. Hopefully we can get a rate extension. I don't think that we will be getting into our house before my son is born. Lisa and I have been trying to figure out what we will need to absolutely have for the baby at the temporary place that were renting. Hopefully we get some news here soon about our house and a closing date.