Thursday, September 6, 2012

No Progress

Sadly I have to report that there has been very little if any progress on our house the last two weeks.  We were under the belief that we would be closing on our house sometime between Sept 10 and Sept 15.  However there is still no electricity, no water meter, no plumbing fixtures, no flooring, and only one coat of paint on the walls...etc etc.  Basically we have been told that not much is going to happen until we get some electricity.  Installation of hardwood flooring is being delayed because there is no power in the house to run dehumidifiers to dry out the sub floors.  No plumbers until the flooring is done..etc etc.

The worst part is our interest rate lock expires on Sept 15...our loan processor has already told that the rates have risen since we locked in.  Hopefully we can get a rate extension.  I don't think that we will be getting into our house before my son is born.  Lisa and I have been trying to figure out what we will need to absolutely have for the baby at the temporary place that were renting.    Hopefully we get some news here soon about our house and a closing date.

11 comments:

  1. Geesh Jesse! I am so sorry to hear this news! I know this is a huge disappointment and take it from me--the longest waiting home builder on the blog to date and still waiting---I offer that you remember that everything is happening this way for some reason! I never know why things happen the way they happen; however, our wait produced a lot of rewards and we still have yet to begin the build. The baby's room will be completed very soon and the two of you will have a fabulous home to enjoy. HANG IN THERE! This experience will be behind you before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much...you guys definitely get the reward for the most patient home builders. I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! hopefully they can get the electricity soon. They can do all that other stuff in a flash! We got our flooring, plumbing fixtures, and final coats of paint the week before we closed! When is your son due?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this electric issue gets resolved soon. My son is due on Oct 2

      Delete
  3. Awe. So sorry! The only good news is that newborns don't need too much and take up very little space. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your electricity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WJ were hoping that Duquesne light gets the power up and running soon

      Delete
  4. That is frustrating to say the least. But I'm with WJ - those first couple weeks with a newborn...they don't need much at all. Hopefully these hang-ups will be taken care of quickly and it won't be an issue for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is terrible! I'm so sorry that you have to wait like this, especially with your little one on the way. I'm sure WJ is right - newborns probably don't take up too much space (I have no clue as we don't have kids), so I'm sure you two will manage just fine. It's really crummy when stuff like this happens and there's nothing you can do to correct it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks when are you guys breaking ground?

      Delete
  6. Hey Jesse and Lisa, I did read your last comment about having started construction in June. I'm sorry that you don't have a firm closing date. I must tell you that our wood flooring and carpet was laid 3 weeks prior to our closing. We did close on the fifth and are in and getting things set up. We didn't have electric until the last week before closing along with plumbing and other things that still needed finished. Our PM told us that he would put a dehumidifier in before closing but never did. When I questioned him about it he told me it wasn't something he had to do but rather a courtesy on the part of Ryan homes. He finally put it in the day of closing. I believe they could still get you done by the 18th if they got on the ball. Did your PM explain what the hold up is? Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your baby! How exciting! :-)

    ReplyDelete