Monday, June 18, 2012

We have Footer!!

     My wife and I were out of town this weekend and all we could think about was what our PM told us on Thursday that the footer was going to be poured over the weekend.  So this afternoon upon returning home we drove out to check on the progress and yes we have footer!!  It makes me feel like we have made the transition from a pit with stakes to actual beginning of a house.  I have attached some pictures.  I do have a quick question for you folks on the blogger world, especially to the ones who have already built or are as least beyond the foundation / footer phase.  Take note as some of the pics I have posted especially the ones of some concrete squares with paint markings that are in the center of house.  I have no idea what those are and I'm dying to find out.  I believe my wife and I counted 4 or 5 of these in the center of the house.  Looking for some feedback please.

Does anyone know what this is for?
Does anyone know what this is for?




Garage
My wife Lisa with our little boy Giuseppe (due in Oct) and our shepherd Olivia








Does anyone know what this is for?

????


6 comments:

  1. We have squares like those in ours too. They don't have the markings though. I don't know what they are for either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that those markers may be for the placement of the steel columns, not 100% sure on that though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have several pads in our basement too. And I was under the same impression Thomas is: base for your steel support columns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas is spot on. Those pads are where the steel support columns are placed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Support pads! ( I see people already noted that!)

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete