Monday, June 18, 2012

Things are moving right along

We stopped out at the lot again this afternoon to see if anything new had happened since saturday.  I try to get to the lot everyday since It only takes me about 10 minutes to drive over there.  As we pulled in we could see a crew placing in the foundation molds / forms into place.  Of course I took some pics  :)

There is one thing that has us concerned we ordered a 4ft extension to the garage. For the life of me as I look at the form placement and the garage outlay I don't think the 4ft extension is there.  The garage looks outline looks awful small to me.  So I think I'm going to give the PM a call tomorrow and ask him to check it out and confirm that its there or make sure that add it.  I do realize that the foundation forms and the foundation its self can be deceiving and appear to make the house look small when in actuality it will be much bigger when all the framing is complete.  However better safe than sorry so I'm going to give the PM a call tomorrow and relay my concern.  As promised here are todays pics


















11 comments:

  1. Great pics!! Isn't it exciting to see progress on your lot? I can tell you the extension probably is there, I think the forms/concrete make the space look SO tiny before walls. I was just thinking today "how are two cars going to fit in here??" for our garage. But I think it will work out-however, better be safe than sorry and check with the PM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you e-mail your PM, so he gets it first thing in the morning? Everything looks great. Was the 4 foot extension a non-standard custom request. We could have used that. Our garage looks so tiny. They just installed our garage doors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume that the 4' extension is for the width of the garage. Eyeballing it looks to be about 2' wider on either side of the door opening that what mine is (3rd pic from the bottom). I think you are okay, but definitely something to double check on if there is uncertainty. It looks like the standard garage door size though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thomas the 4ft extension is for the length of the garage a must for me so I can park my pickup truck in the garage

      Delete
    2. That is what I get for assuming ;-)

      Delete
  4. Having gone through the process already, I always recommend that you never assume anything. Better safe than sorry is the best approach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally double check, but I will say that when they poured the foundation/footer for our garage, I thought it was WAY too small. I still think it is going to be too small to fit our cars. I really, really wish the Ravenna had an option for a 3-car garage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't hurt to ask. But yes, doesn't the foundation seem small? I feel the same way about our place. Luckily the PM warned us that it would all seem small till the framing started.

    Congrats on the great progress! Moving right along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the feedback....decided not to take anything for granted and I called and left a message for the PM this morning...hope he gets back to me today

    ReplyDelete