Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Framing Materials arrive......But now for the bad news

I drove out to the lot today because today is the day that framing materials were to arrive on site.  I arrived and saw two large piles of lumber and one pile of doors and windows!!! I was out taking some pictures for the blog when the PM arrived on scene.  Thats when he broke the bad news.  Initially his belief was that framing was going to be delayed for about two days because he said there short on framing crews and the crews are backed up on work.  Today he informed me that the crews are so behind that he does not anticipate framing to commence on our house until mid next week at the earliest.  I'm really disappointed because the interest rates are so good right now that I don't want my ability to lock in to be delayed.  Here are some pics from today



















8 comments:

  1. You are right! The interest rates are awesome right now! Let's keep our fingers crossed that the interest rates remain low so that you can take advantage of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try and sweat it out until August to lock in my interest rate. I could lock now but I think it will go lower (I hope). Russian roulette anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thomas, with all going well for us, this is the same timeframe we would have to lock in our rates too! I hope the rates go lower...I am playing to WIN!!!

      Delete
  3. Crossing fingers that Thomas is right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesse - Did he mention if this will delay your close date? My understanding is that there is some wiggle room in their timeline for delays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WJ - No my PM did not mention anything about that ...but now you have me thinking so I am going to give him a call tomorrow and ask.....Thanks

      Delete
  5. I know I am knew in these here parts... but are you building a Jefferson or Ravenna?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was originally supposed to be a Ravenna but we ended up switching to a Jefferson....I had already created this blog for the Ravenna prior to

      Delete