Thursday, May 3, 2012

Final Change Orders Submitted

We had our final meeting with our sales rep today to finalize the change order to switch from a Ravenna to a Jefferson. Our non standards were also priced in along with some last minute option changes. We also mapped out our extra outlets, light rough ins.

A partial list of choices for our Jefferson

Jefferson Elevation B with Stone Mountain Clay siding
Front entry garage with 4ft extension

Interior options:

Family Room:
Side mounted fire place with Uba Tuba granite surround.

Kitchen

Upgraded kitchen with gourmet island and morning room
Wall mounted double ovens
gas cook top / no microwave since Ryan won't mount it above the gas cook top (they claim building code change...were having an outlet installed above the cook top so we can hang the same microwave that were going to purchase on our own above the cook top ourselves. )

Maple espresso Timberlake cabinets
Non-standard second water line next to refrigerator for my espresso machine

Finished basement with walkout and extra outlets for wall mounted TV

Upgraded owners bath with double bowl vanity with Buckwheat granite.
Ceramic tile floor and shower
heart shaped soaking tub

Hoping to break ground by the end of the month

8 comments:

  1. Sounds gorgeous...very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it all put together. Sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A heart shaped soaking tub is all I managed to retain. A. heart. shaped. soaking. tub. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesse and Lisa, I am happy everything worked out for the two of you! Sticking together, choosing the perfect home and making sure Ryan Homes honored your request is fabulous! Jesse, I applaud you for giving your wife her hearts desire and now she has a heart shaped tub too! I did not know Ryan Homes offered heart shaped tubs! Awesome! Can't wait to see your finished home! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jesse :) First, THANK YOU for writing your blog! I found it this morning and hope to follow you through your process! My husband and I are hoping to build a Jefferson in the Pittsburgh area at the end of the year and I'm hoping you can give me some insight on a few things. The neighborhood we're looking at has the Jefferson starting around $325k (yikes!) so when we choose around $70k worth of options it makes my head explode! I've read on other blogs that you do negotiate a final sales price and Ryan looks to make around 21-23% on their options. This is obviously very hard to figure out number-wise, so I was hoping you could give me any kind of idea what your final sales price of your Jefferson was vs. the "sticker price". From your most recent post, it seems as though my husband and I have chosen several of the same options as you and your wife. Any idea of the negotiation process would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! And CONGRATS on your new home and the baby-to-come!!

    ReplyDelete