Monday, April 30, 2012

The Big Decision!!

The big decision is in....drum roll please (LOL) and we have decided to switch to the alternate lot that was proposed late last week and we have decided to go with the Jefferson.  There are a couple reasons why we choose the Jefferson.  The master bathroom in the Jefferson is a step above the Ravenna and so is the Jefferson's kitchen...Lisa really likes the ability for wall ovens without sacrificing to much cabinet space.  The other big reason was the ability to add an extension onto the garage because in our community sheds are prohibited by the HOA and so my snow blower, lawn tractor and other tools and items will all have to fit in the garage plus the Jefferson has a little corner bump out in the rear of the garage that can accommodate storage.  So as much as we love the Ravenna I think we will grow to love the Jefferson just as much.  I truly believe that you can't wrong with either house.

12 comments:

  1. Congrats! Will the house be finished before the baby comes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Yes it will be done at least a month prior to the baby arriving....Hopefully all will go on schedule with construction or even a week or two early would be great for settlement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to change the name of your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have officially been voted off Ravena Island!
    haha, congrats. I'm glad it's working out and you guys are getting what you want without compromise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree Sarge .....I am voted off

      Delete
  5. Glad you were able to resolve that! Sgt.Rich is right though..
    I suggest a new title should be "Movin' on up, to a Jefferson" =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. will be changing the name of the blog very shortly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will also be changing my profile name from Ravenna 2012 to something diffrent

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on reaching a decision! It's sounds like the Jefferson is the perfect house for you. Good luck with your build!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS! YOU CHOSE THE HOUSE THAT BEST FITS BOTH OF YOUR NEEDS AND A KITCHEN THAT MEETS THE WIFES FANCY! LIKE I SAID, A HAPPY WIFE AND LIFE! AGAIN, HAPPY BUILDING! I REALIZE I MUST HAVE MISSED THIS BEFORE I TYPED MY BRIEF JOURNAL ON YOUR DECISION. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you made a great choice. I love my Ravenna, but the Jefferson might have been a contender if it was available in my area and I wasn't so OCD.

    Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete